In their recent report, Video Statistics: The Marketer’s Summary 2014, Invodo cites some powerful statistics on product videos and marketing videos in general. Visit the site on the link above to download the full report but here are just some of the eye-opening stats:
1. Shoppers who view video are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers
2. Retention rate for visual information can reach 65% vs. 10% for text-based information
3. 74% of all Internet traffic in 2017 will be vide0
4. Retailers cite 40% increases in purchases as a result of video
5. 72% of B2C marketers use video for content marketing, a top five tactic.
6. 80% of marketers have plans to incorporate video into their email campaigns.
7. 70% of retailers use product videos.
8. 59% of brands would like to share more videos in the next 12 months.
9. Marketers who use video in email cite increased clickthrough rates, increased time spent reading the email, increased sharing and forwarding, increased conversion rates, and increased dollars generated as the top benefits.
10. Using the word “Video” in email subject lines boosts open rates 18.5%, click rates by 64.8%, click to open rates by 39%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
The writing is on the wall. Video is a powerful product marketing tool. If you haven’t created a product video yet, what’s holding you back?