Thinking about using an animated explainer video to promote your app? Let’s discuss in detail why that’s a good idea!
Animated videos have become the most powerful and effective tool for advertisement and marketing. This is mainly because videos are the best way to impart something in someone’s mind. Studies have shown that people can retain up to 77% of the information conveyed by a one-minute-long video.
If you have just released an app, one of the best ways to promote it can be with an animated video. As the ancient Chinese proverb goes, one picture is worth 10,000 words. A video is made up of 30 pictures a second (30fps) so it doesn’t take a mathematician to understand just how powerful an animated explainer video can be to promote your app!
If you want to increase the downloads on your app and get positive reviews on the App Store, you need people to be aware that your app exists and why they need it. And an animated explainer video is perfect for accomplishing both of these tasks.
The power of animated videos to promote your app
Here are some things that explain why you should use an animated explainer video to promote your app.
People are busy and no one has the time to read a 2000-word explanation of an app’s features. If you want to showcase all the features, benefits, and functionality of your app in the shortest time, an animated video is a great choice. Animated videos are great for conveying the idea, the mood, and the inspiration behind your app. You can use a video to quickly and effectively communicate the following:
- What the app is about and what is its main function?
- What are the different features of your app and how they can be used?
- What benefits the users can get by using your app?
- What makes your app better than your competitors’?
- What are the new things or innovations that your app offers?
Animated videos go beyond just the app
We are talking brand-level promotion here. An animated video will not only spread the word about your app. It will tell the world what your entire brand is about. As the app is nothing without the brand and most of the time the app is nothing but an instrument for the brand, any promotional effort needs to encompass your brand as a whole.
A lively animation conveying your brand image along with the app you have created for your brand can be a great way to “kill two birds with one stone” (please don’t kill any birds though!).
Animated explainer videos are effective for conversion
Animated videos are an interactive medium. They tell people about your app in a way that sticks. A study by Google has recently revealed that animated videos used for app promotion increase the download rate by 10 percent.
This is mainly because videos engage people, target the senses and grab their attention. The video delivers the message, in this case the details of the app and your brand, at a time when the viewer is fully immersed in it. This alone makes an animated explainer video to promote your app a great choice.
Videos are hard to miss
It’s well-established that videos are among the favorite type of content for everyone. Videos make up 80% of consumer data traffic today. This fact implies that there’s no way your target audience can miss an animated video made to promote your app.
If you are planning to make a webpage to promote your app, go for it. That’s certainly a great idea for many reasons but bear in mind that the human brain retain under 10% of what we read and above 75% of what we see in a video. If you build a page about your app, you should definitely include an explainer video!
Videos have grown in popularity during the pandemic
A report from Wyzowl has revealed some of the effects of the coronavirus on the video marketing landscape. Here’s what they found:
– 91% of marketers believe that the pandemic has increased the importance of videos for marketing.
– 74% of the marketers say that they are more likely to use videos for marketing post coronavirus.
– 70% of the video marketers plan to increase the money they are spending on videos for marketing.
– 68% of the customers said that their video consumption has increased after the pandemic.
Whether it’s for video marketing in general or to promote your app specifically, now is the time to get an explainer video!
Animated videos are cost-effective
So far, we have established that video is an effective way of conveying your message. But why does it need to be an animated video in particular? The answer boils down to economics.
You might feel that the pricing for animated videos to promote your app is too steep. But have you compared that to the cost of shooting a video? A live-action video advertisement can easily cost $100,000+ a minute. Animated videos by Gisteo cost just a few thousand dollars.
Add to this the fact that there are a number of things that you simply cannot show in a live-action video that can easily be depicted and explained in an animated one.
How to make an animated explainer video to promote your app
You can adopt one of two strategies to make an animated explainer video to promote your app.
- Hire a professional to make your animated app explainer video.
- Make your animation on your own.
If you go with the professional option, the only thing you need to do is to select the right company. When selecting the company you are going to trust to produce your app’s video, you should consider:
- How long have they been in the field?
- What are the notable clients they have worked for?
- What are their areas of expertise?
- What does their portfolio look like?
- What are the reviews of their previous customers about them?
If you decide to go it alone and use a tool to create your own explainer video, there are a number of free and paid tools available for making animated videos such as Vyond, Wideo, Biteable and others.
Whether you use a professional service like Gisteo or try to go it alone, the first step in making animated explainer videos to promote your app is to decide what should be on the video. Somethings that should be on this list are:
- The features of the app.
- What are the benefits of the app?
- How to use the app?
- How the app connects to your brand?
- How can the app solve users’ problems?
Once you have decided what needs to be on the app, the next step is to select the style of video. This could include:
- Motion graphics
- 2D illustrations
- Live-action video clips
- A screen tour/demo
- Some combination of all of these
We’re biased obviously and it’s not impossible to make your own app explainer video but we feel it’s better done by professionals like…well…Gisteo. Why?
- Professionals like us have more experience than you think and can make a video you likely cannot match.
- As we are actively involved with the market, we can suggest a better approach for delivering your message.
- We’re an affordable option that will ultimately save you time and money.
If you’d like to discuss your app explainer video needs, contact us today!